Terrence writes;

One senior artist told me once, "artists can't be (ethically)
environmentalists".
I didn't agree but i saw his point. It did not stop me from producing art
about my environmental anti consumer concerns. I still make use of my utility
of pleasure but there is pleasure in the tools such as the one i use to send
this message. letters on paper would not work as a replacement for this
thread.
less paper less packaging less impact on the environment. What is sacred? What
will be the legacy of communication threads?

A friend of mine has large cd collection. One of the cd's has a blinking light
on it. It stands out. The thin spines of cds are barely legible but more brow
sable then records. However records are more tactile as you leave through
them. Their covers read like pop icon history. Their worn texture's look like
(russian)icons. I get a certain melancholy looking at them. My older brother's
and sisters youthful dreams are caught up in their aged almost sacred
appearance. Can cds have this appearance someday?

T.
artnatural