Terrence writes;

ok ok i am playing devils advocate (and being a bit playful) but really one must go on
you have to look at the circumstances of the time. He was way ahead of his time but so
were others. People still paint and many more paint and don't know a thing of the 1913
armory show. I think its important to have inconsistancies and not just be a producer
or
a fame monger for that matter.

Patricia wrote;

> - he was the ultimate in risk-takers because he didn't give a damn.

In a way he had nothing to loose other painters were gaining more attention than him.
He
owes more to them and to Dada and the surrealists. He was intellectually
opportunistic. I
don't belive he was taking the lead.

T. ;-)