Terrence writes;

If only people could be like Arensberg. (With a little less procrastination, though I
think he
was in shock poor fellow.)

What is accepted can now be used to shut out other work for the sake of commercial
~!avantgard~
art. This feeds the hopes of the uninformed. Galleries also use /surf the press to
help sales.
Or they bandie an artit's exhibition record. It's the luck of the draw to start with
or if you
are not with the in-crowd forget about taking your work out side a few artist run
centers.

Who's to say whats good or bad these days? I still run ino people who say anything
that is not a
realism painting is not good art. The few who said this were very science orentated
people.
There was no point in trying to educate them. I just laughed and turned away after
making a few
comments about some notable artits. They just refused to accept it. I found a couple
of artits
(egotists) who are photorealists and styists who fancey themselves Titans or
Caravagios. They
are rich kids or conencted to a couple of people who love to buy kodacrome coloured
paintings of
each other. They sincerly don't accept other forms as being worthy. Interestingly
these have yet
to produce a decent narrative in their work.

Its nuts but anyhow what really connects nowadays is to a select few in the artworld
and a few
who make the effort to advance or work old media to discover somthing overlooked or to
just use
an old media to see the world afreash. I think it is important to get students to even
paint a
cubist painting and come up with a good conceptual piece, a photo text or even a
realist
painting. It's about respecting all forms of culture.  Outside of some technical
training its
really about artits seeing/hearing the world and expressing in a most original way.

Fluxus works need to be promoted more. They are fun and more people could do them
perhaps as an
alternative to softball on a saturday or part of a picnic.

T.