Sol wrote, in part:
Maciunas
considered work important to fund the art projects carried out in one's
"leisure time".

I read recently Frank Zappa's advice on being a composer; the last
instruction was along the lines of "Get a part-time job so you can afford to
do this more often."

I lucked out -- the barter arrangement for my studio rent entails me being
*physically* in my studio for a few hours at the same time every morning,
and answering the phone for 2 small and not very busy businesses when it
rings. So when I'm not answering phones, I'm able to do whatever I like.

My mother visited me recently, and we were both in the studio one morning --
I was making her a pin for her trip home, using matboard, glue, glitter, a
chinese fortune cookie fortune and bright colored acrylics. She was not
feeling well, and was curled up in a chair drinking tea. As I went back and
forth between the work table and fetching supplies, she made a disgusted
noise and said, "I thought you *worked* up here!"

Melissa

                      Melissa McCarthy
              Hours: whimsical or by appointment
          ****>>>Adult, maybe; grown-up, never!<<<****