Roger Stevens writes:

>so you could perform both of the Cage pieces at the same time.
>That would be interesting.
>And the 0'00" piece could actually last for 4'33"

The two pieces could be performed at the same time, but Cage did not want the
performance of 0'00" to be the performance of another score. It had to be a
discliplined action fulfilling an obgligation to another. The first performance, by
Cage, was writing the score as a gift for Yoko Ono and Toshi Ichiyanagi. Cage has also
performed this piece by typing letters that needed to be answered.

When I have performed this, I wrote a thank you note to a member of the audience (for
showing up) and wrote a letter to a friend in Chicago.

-Josh Ronsen
in Austin, Texas

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com