ok, so I hadn't yet checked out the where style loves art crap, but now that
I have visited La Jolla, I might suggest apart from the book design a
wardrobe design for the fluxpunkalternativejunglefunk band Dieter Roth and
the Flux Crumpettes. Okay, never mind. I just realized I must be one of the
dumb ones everyone keeps talking about.

Oh, but Owen, if you've read this far.,
teh show:
the fluxus show ideas began around last October when I had chanced to meet
some artists who were discussing Fluxus. I began my research and a dazzling
series of coincidences occurred. I met the artists at a concert at Birdland,
North Madison. I saw a few works by Mary Bauermeister and Robert LeBlanc.
Mr. LeBlanc's piece was a kinetic sound sculpture. Later in the evening The
Sun Ra Arkestra-- under the direction of Marshall Allen-- played under a
large tent near the pond. The young man who helped organized the event is a
student of Paluine Oliveros. I invited him to see my show 'Eureka, ' and he
then invited me to guest curate an exhibition at Birdland. As I mentioned, a
gargantuan barn, and a few other developments have dlayed the show.
The folks I had lined up were mainly individual artists who, through my
research, I discovered had been influenced by fluxus. Some did not realize
it, and one claimes he is more influenced by Bauhaus, but there is much
overlap there anyway. I also invited Yoko Ono though I knew she would be
busy. So, I am hesitant at this time to give out the names of others just
yet. I believe I should ask their permission first.
suse