David,

It might be interesting to note two things at this point.

First, NOT everyone involved with Fluxus saw it as a descendent
of Dada. I'm thinking of Robert Filliou in particular who went on
record as saying quite unequivocally that Fluxus was not a
later-day Dada. I think the only Fluxus artist who made a
direct connection between the two was Maciunas when he called
Fluxus Neo-dada, but that was early on and I don't think he
ever reiterated himself on the point later. Most I think saw
some correlation between the spirit of Dada and some of the
more destructive Fluxus performance pieces. Ben Vautier
made the observation that without Dada Fluxus would have
been inconcievable. Also, of course Dick Higgins' Something
Else Press published a reprint of The Dada Almanac.

Second, I'd like to add to your remarks about the similarities
between Buddism and Dada that Tristan Tzara noted  the
similarity between Dada and Eastern religions at one point.
I can't remember where right off the top of my head but if
you want me to dig up the reference I'd be happy to. I just bought
a copy of his "The Approximate Man and Other Writings" for
$20 which was a real steal-- on Amazon they're asking
$100 or more! Goes to show that getting out to the used
book stores from time to time can be a very rewarding
experience!

Best, Reed