Hi Al(l)(e/a)n,

Yes I am impressed with Ken's clear and direct thinking in a lot of his essays. I think he is really great. The bad part about it is, it is so clear that one tends not to question it and I wonder about that. I mean I wonder is it actually 12 or did he just like that number. Or he got tired because it was midnight and stopped at twelve or possibly just wanted to have several more than Dick Higgins nine points (maybe out of competition or for a joke.) Just becuase ken said it does that make it true? Were those elements actually present in fluxworks from the getgo? Of course not. Personally I think you could add a 100 more or possibly take out six if you stopped to think about it very deeply. That could be an interesting meditation.

Meditation-0022
Consider the 12 fluxus ideas of Ken Friedman
Is 12 the right number?
Is it really some greater or lesser number?
Is it actually some other group of criteria?
Is there actually any criteria for determinng a fluxus work's fluxicity?
Explain.

Allan Revich wrote:

BTW:

I also agree with Ken Friedman’s definition, which may in fact be the best of all, as it accomplishes both succinctness and inclusiveness:

globalism,
the unity of art and life,
intermedia,
experimentalism,