On Nov 23, 2007, at 2:39 AM, Stéphane Conversy wrote:

For example, there is a lot of canvas examples in the function directory, none in the object directory.
Why is that ? can't I program OO graphical stuff  with LOLA ?

The object/ and function/ directories include incompatible object libraries (the biggest difference is that the one in object/st80 has 1-based arrays and the one in function/object has 0-based indexing).

The object/st80 library is moribund; it's only purpose is to support the idc compiler. As the idc compiler is pulled into Jolt (to make Coke -- it's the real thing ;-) the st80 library will become irrelevant (although I am slightly tempted to keep it, make it ANSI compliant, anc call it 'Standard Smalltalk'). New code should use the function/object library. Eventually everything above function/ will be subsumed by stuff inside function/ and a 'mv function/* .; rmdir function' will be issued.

Cheers,
Ian