Considering the ambition of the project relative to its resources, I think
it's reasonable for STEPS to keep a low profile and spend less effort on
"educating" than one might like.

That said, I'd appreciate a simple "suggested reading" list for independent
study - in my case, for someone with an undergrad in CS.

*That* said, this section <http://vpri.org/html/writings.php> is wonderful.

Cheers,
Andrey