Thanks for asking. I don't really have much first hand experience here
(which is why I asked in the first place), and that phrase doesn't
immediately ring a bell.

Factor has reflection, continuations, optional typing, and meta-programming
features. It supports functional, OO, and dataflow programming; it can do
concurrency in a few different ways, it has excellent support for lazy lists
and PEGs, and yes it even has named variables if one really wants them. The
full image (including IDE and some quite featureful libraries like a
relational DB, XML parser, and http server/client) is about 30K lines of
code I believe, and unlike Squeak it's quite easy to trim it down for
release as a standalone application if so desired.

I don't use it everyday, but I haven't yet found anything enormously
problematic about it. I'd be happy to admit that my perspective is probably
narrower than it could be, though: I'll defer to the more experienced.

- Max