Surely if the translation is efficient, then you can simply translate
everything (libraries, too) down to a sub-machine machine code... which
wouldn't take too much space - in fact it'd probably take less space than
existing compiled libraries AND their documentation.

... maybe we could call this layer "Nothing"... ? ;-)

Julian.