On 25 July 2011 17:40, Yoshiki Ohshima <yosh...@vpri.org> wrote:
>  Well said, Igor!
>
> At Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:03:57 +0200,
> Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>> It is really a pity, that we have a systems which has no trust from users
>> side.
>
>  Following the logic, maybe making provably secure system is not
> enough but it still takes some luck?

As Alan mentioned, there was at least one great example of system
which has this potential: B5000
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burroughs_large_systems).

But today's systems are still not there. Why?

I think the answer would be same as for why today we have to use these
strange and flawed technologies like javascript or PHP:
a random picks of different choices made by people over the years, and
most of them were based on minute needs (or even worse - marketing)
rather than
conscious, based on serious evaluation and study.
Apparently those techs has nothing to do with computer science,
because if you will do it at first place, then you will never end up
with things like PHP :)

So, it is really "And so it goes".

--
Best regards,