Hi Loup

Someone else said that about links.

Browsing about either knowing where you are (and going) and/or about dealing
with a rough max of 100 items. After that search is necessary.

However, Ted Nelson said a lot in each of the last 5 decades about what kinds
of linking do the most good. (Chase down what he has to say about why one-way
links are not what should be done.) He advocated from the beginning that the
"provenance" of links must be preserved (which also means that you cannot copy
what is being pointed to without also copying its provenance). This allows a
much better way to deal with all manner of usage, embeddings, etc. -- including
both fair use and also various forms of micropayments and subscriptions.

One way to handle this requirement is via protection mechanisms that "real
objects" can supply.

Cheers,

Alan