Taken from the massive multi-thread "Error trying to compile COLA"

> And I've also mentioned Popek's LOCUS system as a nice model for migrating
> processes over a network. It was Unix only, but there was nothing about his
> design that required this.

When thinking about storing and accessing documents, it's fairly
straightforward to think of some sort of migration / synchronization scheme.

In thinking of objects more on par with VMs / computers / services, has there
been any work on process migration that's of any importance since LOCUS? Did
Croquet push the boundaries of distributing computations?

shawn