I watched the video and got excited too. Petabits of on-chip
non-volatile storage? that also can do logic? That's more than a
game changer.

But it seems that HP's memristor claims are controversial within the
research community:

  http://vixra.org/abs/1205.0004
  http://www.slideshare.net/blaisemouttet/mythical-memristor

Some of the dispute is about priority, which may not matter so much; I
care less about *whom* I get massive on-chip non-volatile storage from
than that I get it at all. But that too appears to be under dispute
(e.g. "Myth #3" in the second link above).

I would love to hear more from people who know about this.