At 12:09 PM 7/17/01 +0200, Keiron Liddle wrote:

>I think that would be better to do it all at once and use the wrappers. The
>only problem is what style formatter to use.
>
>jstyle - has at least 3 bugs (one that will cause compile errors)
>astyle - I think it's ok (but there was something I didn't like about, I
>can't remember what it was)
>
>any other choices...?

Straight high-powered UNIX shell script. Things like jstyle and astyle try
to accommodate everyone; in this case we know exactly what we want. In any
case, 90% of it has to do with removing tabs and adjusting indents.

However, my first choice would be astyle. It's C++ and not Java, so it's
self-contained. And why re-invent the wheel? The main advantage of shell
scripts is that it is guaranteed to be something we can do, in the event
that the maintainers of Icarus (? the new CVS box?) aren't keen on
introducing new binaries. I'll check into this, though, and see what our
options are.

This is also an excellent opportunity to also clean up our license references.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)