At 8:51 PM -0300 7/18/01, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>At 04:34 PM 7/18/01 -0400, Gregor N. Purdy wrote:
>>All --
>>
>>On 11 Jul 2001 11:12:50 -0400, Gregor N. Purdy wrote:
>>> Its been some time since I've been able to build fop from CVS. I just
>>> completed a fresh checkout of xml-fop and when I run ./build.sh, the
>>> thing just hangs after printing "Starting Ant...".

I haven't seen this specific problem, but I've had a lot of other problems lately
building both FOP, other Apache tools like Xerces-J, and non-Apache stuff like JDOM.
Invariably the solution is to take everything out of my jre/lib/ext directory and then
build. I can put it all back after the build is finished.

The interdependencies between the various XML tools are getting really nasty. It might
be time to figure out if there's some way to better handle this, though I'm afraid the
solution might lie more with changing Java than with changing ANT. Wherever the
solution lies, the constant version conflicts between different Apache tools is
getting extremely burdensome. I suspect all the projects need to do more testing
against all the other projects since they all keep breaking each other.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Writer/Programmer |