On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:18:10 +0200 Keiron Liddle wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:34:00 Sam Ruby wrote:
> > My own personal crusade is to get projects to talk to one another.  And
> > to treat their public interfaces as contracts.
>
> Sam and others,
>
> If that is the case then maybe you can help us out.
>
> We want to put (better) logging into FOP.
>
> I am deciding right now to use avalon logkit. Unless someone has any real
> serious objections.
>
> So this is where cocoon (and possibly others) can help out. Tell us what
> needs to be done etc. or better yet write some of the code.
>
> This way not only can cocoon help us (with things they already know about)
> but they can be a party to the api changes.

Since Cocoon is based on Avalon, wouldn't it make sense to not only put
better logging into FOP but, when we're already in the process of
changing the API, also to define a new API based on Avalon? This way I
think it should be possible to configure FOP within the Cocoon
configuration (better integration, no separate config mechanism). It
will also help (and maybe force) us to make FOP more thread-safe among
other things.

Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch