I have successfully created new XML font metrics files using the PFMReader utility in
FOP 0.20.1.  I run FOP specifying the new fonts in my userconfig file as follows

<!-- Syntax-Roman -->
embed-file="C:\WINNT\Fonts\Sxr_____.pfm">

The resulting PDF correctly displays the new fonts on my computer, but the PDF
displays garbled fonts on a colleague's computer.  I assume this is because I have the
fonts installed and my colleague doesn't.

Is there some other way to embed the new fonts into the PDF so that it is properly
displayed regardless of whether or not the font is installed locally?

Thanks,

Drew Hodge

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at
http://www.eudoramail.com