Thanks Brigette.

According to the File/Document/Properties/Fonts dialog, my new fonts are being
embedded (they're listed under 'Actual fonts'), but Acrobat Reader warns me that it
had difficulty extracting the embedded fonts when I open a page that has the new
fonts.  The page displays correctly, but Reader is probably using my installed fonts.
On a computer without the fonts installed, the display is still garbled.

Anyway, now I know how to check for installed fonts.

Thanks again.

Drew