From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 10:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FOP Speed

I wouldn't call that complex. I'm doing similar things (more than 50
fields, 1-2 pages, 2 images) in less than half a second (XSLT+FOP).
Maybe you really have something wierd in your XSLT. Have you been able
to identify if it's FOP or XSLT that takes such a long time?

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:49:37 -0400  avespa wrote:
> No, it is implemented within a server.  How do you define 'complex'
> document?  I am filling in many fields into the document, maybe 50 - 60 at
> least.  Only one image.

XSL
> > guidelines for FOP, best practicies, things to not do etc, or are there
> any
> > low hanging fruits per se that I thought look for and fix?
>
> I hope you don't start a new VM each time you want to process a document.
> If not, are you trying to render particularly complex documents or big
> images?

Freundliche Grüsse
OUTLINE AG
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch