If you're using Xalan as XSLT processor you might want to look at XSLTC:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html

This compiles XSLT stylesheets into Java classes. Didn't try it, yet,
though.

Or you might want to consider caching the stylesheet if you don't do it
already. That's what I do. Loading a stylesheet is indeed a relatively
expensive operation. But this all still does not account for ten seconds
of processing time, if you ask me.

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:03:42 -0400  avespa wrote:
> Well, a big chunk of the time seems to be in the loading of the stylesheet,
> ala the line:
>
>       XSLTInputSource stylesheetSource = new XSLTInputSource (stylesheet);
>
> I think it may be the XSLT itself

Freundliche Grüsse
OUTLINE AG
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch