On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:11:46 Bodo Teichmann wrote:
> i would like to help in further development of fop.
> currently i'm still in the learning stage and because of that i would
> realy
> like to read the lastest doc from you in docs/design.
> unfortunately i don't know much about docbook and the information given
> in
> the docs/design/Readme is not sufficient for me to generate the pdfs.
>
> > The Readme:
> > To convert to pdf:
> >- place the docbook files in a directory name "docbook"
>
> which are the docbook files. and what should be the parent directory of
> "docbook" , should i create this directory in the docbook or in the fop
> package or do i need to create a new directory hirachy for the conversion
> ?

The docbook files are the files from the distribution at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook.
You need to unpack the distro and put the files into the
docs/design/docbook directory. So that the docbook "README" file (among
others) will be in "docs/design/docbook/README".

> >- place docbookx package in a directory name "docbookx"
>
> what exactly is the docbookx package? is it the zip file found in
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/index.shtml
> called "docbkx412.zip" ?
>
> >the files are avaialable here:
> >http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/index.shtml
>
> what files do i need from this site ? just the .zip ?

You just need to get the zip file "docbkx412.zip" and to then unzip it into
the docs/design/docbookx/ directory.
I don't really know what the package is, something to do with dtds.

> do i need anything from  http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook ?

> >- run the build script
> im working on w2k so i need to translate the sh script to .bat. what is
> "jboss"  and how do i need to set $JBOSS_HOME ?

This is an error, just ignore it, it will go away.

--

You will also need the ant optional jar file in lib/optional.jar

Hopefully this will become easier??