We had problems with gif files.  However BMP's work fine on AS/400, as
suggested below.  We are using FOP v 0.18 to render PDF's.

JohnPT

                    fop-dev-return-10469-jthaemlitz=oreillyauto.com@XML.

                    APACHE.ORG                                                 To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                               cc:

                    09/22/01 04:42 AM
Subject:     Re: FOP on IBM AS400
                    Please respond to fop-dev

> Stephen Fry wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> We are attempting to port our application which uses fop 0.20.1 to the
AS400.
> We seems to have some issues with FOP's use of AWT classes. Has anyone
any
> experience of this environment ? Is it possible to configure FOP not to
use
> AWT or is it fundemental ?
>
> We have bmp files as external-graphic's, and we are rendering to PDF,PS
and
> PCL.

I've successfully run FOP on a AS/400 with PDF, PS and PCL output but
without
images. I *think* BMP images should work as they don't need AWT.

> Stephen Fry
> CODA Plc

Christian