Hi Pablo,

I ran your xml and xsl files on my machine (800MHz, 256Mb RAM, Linux,
JDK 1.3) and it ran in a 7 seconds using the fop command line from
0.20.2, which includes loading all the Java classes.

It does look like you could generate more efficient FO, because your XSL
currently makes one table for each line, each containing just one row.
You could probably use 1 table with many rows instead. Also you are
generating a couple of tables which have no table-column elements at
all, which fop doesn't understand and skips. Try testing and refining
your stylesheet using the command line interface. You can also just use
an XSLT engine to generate an FO file directly so that you can see
exactly what you are sending to FOP.

However that isn't enough to explain the extreme slowness you see. There
must be some other place in your servlet which is taking time.

Good luck,
Karen Lease