From: Alex McLintock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 11:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Problems with seeing pdf-files in IE 5.0

 --- Jim Urban <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > you also have to use an
url with ".pdf" at the
end
> The url the client is posting to is a servlet which uses FOP to generate a
> PDF and feed it back to the browser.  If the client post a request to
> myservlet.pdf the server will look for a file called myservlet.pdf and
> return a 403 when it can't find it.  So how do you use a url that ends
with
> .pdf when using servlets?

If you can't set up an alias in the webserver as people have suggested you
could
always have a servlet class called "pdf" within a package "myservlet".
End result: myservlet.pdf

Could have sworn this was in the FAQ.

Oh dear - that means the FAQ isn't good enough yet....

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
---
SF and Computing Book News and Reviews: http://news.diversebooks.com/
Get Your XML T-Shirt <t-shirt/> at http://www.inversity.co.uk/