At 07:31 AM 2/6/02 +0100, you wrote:
>I think that most people need some encouragement to take the
> > plunge in murky waters

and since so many seem to feel generous this week, allow me to
toss my hat into the ring - we would be pleased to help out with the
awt renderer and the print renderer -- even to the extent of hooking
it up to the jdk1.4 PrintService when fop takes the 1.4 plunge.  However,
we'd best have someone else to provide the backend support for
those functions common to all renderers for traversing the data model etc.

         ' cheers
         -Ralph LaChance