> Running several threads calling
> org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:508) causes nullpointer
> exceptions.
>
> Is FOP meant to support asynchronous calls and have I found a bug, or is it
> not thread safe ?

When I last browsed in the source code (0.20.2 I think), I had the impression
that FOP (at least when seen as a whole) was not explicitely designed to be thread-safe.

The class Configuration keeps its data in static Hashtables, so you will at least
share the FOP configuration between threads. This may (or may not) be the only thing.

I stumpled upon this while figuring out how to run fop repeatedly without restarting
a VM each time.

Hope this helps,

Arnd Beissner
Arnd Beißner IT-Engineering
Bahnhofstr. 3, 71063 Sindelfingen, Germany
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +49-7031-463458
Mobile: +49-173-3016917