On 2002.02.16 03:13 Peter B. West wrote:
> ** What other classes (if any) extend FONode?  Where will they be
> discussed?

These classes will be displayed in the diagram. That should provide enough
information to tell people where to get more information, ie. in the
classes.

> ** Apart from end(), what methods are common to FObjs?

the handleAttributes and setUserAgent would be common to FONode. Other
than that I would say it is yet to be finalised.

> ** How is the FO Tree represented?  How is it traversed?

The FO Tree is simple a heirarchy of java objects that represent the fo
elements from xml. The traversal is done by the layout or structure
process only in the flow elements.

> ** This is a big topic (Properties).  Do you have plans to discuss it in
> more detail?

This is an entirely separate topic. It is mentioned here only in terms of
how it relates to the FO Tree.

>> By using element mappings it is possible to read other XML and either
>> - set information on the area tree
>> - create pseudo FO Objects that create areas in the area tree
>> - create FO Objects
>
> ** Mapping elements to classes?

I'm not sure what the question is.

> The layout-master-set is specified in a subtree isolated from the
> content specification of the pages (see page sequences, below).
>
> ** Where are references to these factories maintained?

The objects in the FO Tree that represent these elements are themselves
the factory. The root element keeps these objects as a factory for the
page sequences.

> Declarations
> ------------
>
> From the spec (6.4.3)
>
> The fo:declarations formatting object is used to group global
> declarations for a stylesheet.
>
> Only fo:color-profile is defined within fo:declarations.
>
> ** "...handled by ... parent element."  fo:root?

Yes the root looks after the declarations and the declarations maintains a
list of colour profiles.

> Page Sequences
> --------------
>
> The page masters define the layout of the page containers into which the
> substance of the document will be poured.  This substance is defined in
> fo:page-sequences.  They contain an optional fo:title, zero or more
> fo:static-content elements, and a single fo:flow.  They are children of
> fo:root, and are encountered in the document tree after the
> fo:layout-master-set has been read.
>
> ** The fo:page-sequence elements determine the layout-master that will
> be used for layout of their children.  How is the association between
> page master, page-sequence (FO Tree) and area tree maintained?

Why does this matter. This will be done by the class that looks after the
area tree whatever that is.

> Flows
> -----
>
> Flows provide the content which is poured into page containers,
> specifically the regions.  fo:static-flows are content, associated with
> a particular region, which repeats on each page containing such a
> region; i.e. it does *not* flow over a page boundary.  fo:flows are the
> primary content of a page-sequence.  They overflow individual page
> containers (region-body containers, practically speaking) to continue in
> the same region of the next page.
>
> ** Which classes/methods determine how the elements of a flow are
> processed and converted into areas in the area tree?

This is for the "Layout Managers" topic.