Keiron Liddle wrote:

>>> By using element mappings it is possible to read other XML and either
>>> - set information on the area tree
>>> - create pseudo FO Objects that create areas in the area tree
>>> - create FO Objects
>>

>> ** Mapping elements to classes?
>

> I'm not sure what the question is.

Keiron,

The post below is from the fop-user list.

Peter

Hello all,
  I have read the extension element writing document and examined the
<label> and <outline> extension elements code, but I don't see precisely how
element properties are mapped.  I have followed the pattern of the examples
in the code and mapped the element correctly but the properties are
"ignored" when FOP runs.
  Any help is appreciated.  Please be as detailed as possible -- I am not a
veteran FOP developer, so what may be patently obvious to you might not be
to me.
Gratefully,
   Matthew L. Avizinis <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gleim Publications, Inc.