I thought about that, but then we would have a custom version of FOP.  This
would mean that every time we upgrade to a new version of FOP someone would
have to know to go into the source and make this change and rebuild FOP.  I
would rather see a more permanent solution implemented such as adding a
function to PreviewDialog "void setExitOnClose(boolean shouldExit)" which
would set a flag which would be checked to see if System.exit should be
called.  I would do this, but I am not an authorized FOP developer and do
not have access to CVS either.  If someone would offer to check out
PreviewDialog.java from CVS and email it to me I will gladly make the change
and email back to them to review and check back in to CVS.

Jim