From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 3:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: EBCDIC os390

> I'll apologize upfront as I think my question is really for the users list
> but,
> I was unable to find how to subscribe to it.

No, I think you're in the right place.

> I'm developing under Websphere 4.0 and have had success in using FOP .20
> on my NT machines. I take that ear file and install it on our os390
> Websphere
> server and I get back garbage. If I convert the garbage from EBCDIC to
ASCII
> with a tool, it appears the uncompressed streams convert fine. The
document
> still does not work. How can I make FOP ensure that all of it's temporary
> streams
> use the proper encoding? The following snippet is how I'm using FOP.

Ben Fowler posted a similar mail two days ago.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101480100804070&w=2

You're in the same boat. I think it would be good if you one of you two
could really track down the problem, create a patch for it and post it
to the list for inclusion into FOP along with some documentation
(guidelines) what has to be done to ensure non-ascii-environment
compatibility in FOP for the future.

Cheers
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch