This project would be very important to those of us that plan to use C#
when Mono (.NET CLR, C# Compiler on Linux/*NIX) is ready. I had always
expected to use Batik and FOP through webservices, decoupled from my
ASP.NET that will run on Mono in the near future.

If C# FOP or Batik implementations keep pace with the Java state of the
art, that would definitely be an improvement in design and overhead and
a most compelling platform to develop against for anyone using Mono.

Best of luck with the FOP port, I for one am looking forward to it!