Cai, Jenny (US - Dallas) wrote:
> I just successfully run the examples (simple.fo) provided in
> 'fop-0.20.3-bin.tar.gz' file under fop-0.20.3\docs\examples\fo
> subdirectory in the command prompt and I got a pdf file successfully . I
> still have the following question:
>
> 1. How can I view the source code for this example?
>
> 2. I also looked over all the rest of the folders included in
> 'fop-0.20.3' and there are a lot other folders like design,
> html-docs(some .html files in it), xml-docs(some xml files in it), etc.
> What are all those files used for?
>
> 3. Actually what I want to do is:  convert a XML file to PDF file and
> display this PDF file on the web page. How to do this?

What you are asking for is somewhat akin to
  "I attended a guided tour at a military airbase. What I
   want to do is: attack some real life hostile jet fighters
   and have them shot down. How to do this?"
Your best bet is probably to hire a professional who does
the job for you.
Of course, you can go all the way yourself. Others did it,
though they didn't start with the questions above.
Good luck.

J.Pietschmann