From: "Rhett Aultman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 1:08 PM
Subject: Easier logging suppression for Driver?

Hey guys,

One thing I'm seeing coming up a lot on the small-use apps I'm writing is
that I don't need FOP to log its activity in apps moved to production.  For
some reason, though, Avalon 4 doesn't seem to have an
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.NullLogger available to make logging
suppression easy, and the other strategies I see for logging suppression
don't look as simple as passing a NullLogger into the Driver.  I'd like to
suggest a convenience method to make FOP suppress logging.  If anyone else
thinks this would be useful, I'll happily take the work on myself.

--
J. Rhett Aultman
Business Technology Solutions