Rhett Aultman wrote:
> Hear hear!  XSLT and XSL-FO have been, in my line of work, the "killer apps" of XML.

Exactly. Half a year ago I started to use XML+XSLT+FOP for
a variety of formal letters, after I found it too hard to
get Word auotmated for simple tasks. Surprisingly, I'm
faster to type XML (using Emacs+PSGML) then to fiddle with
the various Word positioning and paper format stuff (there's
*always* something wrong). Paper and envelope measurements
(unscrupolously lifted from
   http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html)
are stored in a separate XML file, together with folding
marks, address placement boxes and sensible margin settings,
and are selected via an XSLT parameter. Now i can concentrate
on content rather than guessing where Word thinks it should
put addresses, subjects and headers.

J.Pietschmann