You're still expressing yourself in strange terms, I think. FOP can only
process XSL:FO input. That means if you have some XML file to be
rendered by FOP, you have to write an XSLT Stylesheet that converts that
XML format to XSL:FO. Same for XHTML.

When you're doing both (XSLT and FOP) at the same time you may have
difficulty finding the problem spots. So, if you get error messages from
FOP, it's best you do the XHTML to XSL:FO transformation separately and
check whether the generated XSL:FO is correct.

Do you have an XSLT stylesheet that converts your XHTML to XSL:FO?

> Yes, correct. Since FOP ships with an XSLT processor, I believe that FOP
> can take XML and XSL:FO as inputs to render a pdf file. Which I have tested
> successfully. Because XHTML is XML, I would also expect that FOP could
> render a pdf file with an XHTML (saved as XML) and XSL:FO file as input. I
> guess I should have been more clear.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch