I am using this simpe xslt styleheet. The stylesheet is fine. In fact, this
is taken right from the AntennaHouse document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" indent="yes" />
<xsl:template match="doc">
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
<fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:simple-page-master page-height="297mm" page-width="210mm"
margin="5mm 25mm 5mm 25mm" master-name="PageMaster">
<fo:region-body margin="20mm 0mm 20mm 0mm"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="PageMaster">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" >
<fo:block>
<xsl:apply-templates select="body"/>
</fo:block>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="body">
<xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="p">
<fo:block>
<xsl:apply-templates />
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="b">
<fo:inline font-weight="bold">
<xsl:apply-templates />
</fo:inline>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet >

Chadford Hilton
Web Integration
PNC Financial Services
v - 412-768-2395
e - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Jeremias Maerki

                    <jeremias.maerki@o        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    utline.ch>                cc:

                                              Subject:     Re: Getting an error when
using an XHTML file??
                    05/07/2002 10:56

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    fop-dev

You're still expressing yourself in strange terms, I think. FOP can only
process XSL:FO input. That means if you have some XML file to be
rendered by FOP, you have to write an XSLT Stylesheet that converts that
XML format to XSL:FO. Same for XHTML.

When you're doing both (XSLT and FOP) at the same time you may have
difficulty finding the problem spots. So, if you get error messages from
FOP, it's best you do the XHTML to XSL:FO transformation separately and
check whether the generated XSL:FO is correct.

Do you have an XSLT stylesheet that converts your XHTML to XSL:FO?

> Yes, correct. Since FOP ships with an XSLT processor, I believe that FOP
> can take XML and XSL:FO as inputs to render a pdf file. Which I have
tested
> successfully. Because XHTML is XML, I would also expect that FOP could
> render a pdf file with an XHTML (saved as XML) and XSL:FO file as input.
> guess I should have been more clear.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch