Hi all!

Can I (and if yes, how can I) configure the MEM_PROFILE_WITH_GC variable on
StreamRenderer to run garbage collector every start and finish to save
memory on batch printing?

Additional, please take a look on FopImageFactory. This class holds strong
references to every loaded image.
No reload and recalculate the dimension of the image (which has modified
since the last loading) is possible at any time. This is the cause why
modified images are scaled to the size of the first loaded image on
awt/print rendering.
I've overriden the class to disable the caching complete (Batch printing
uses 500++ MB!!! memory usage after loading 20 to 30 images and it crashes
due to OutOfMemoryError).
I don't know whether this is fixed in your current project status, if yes
ignore this.

ThanX Torsten

P.S.: ThanX to all, who spend a lot of time to make this powerful program
more stable and more extensive. I think this and of course the other apache
projects, are a great contribution to bring java ( my favorite ) to the most
popular and most useful programming language.