On Monday 27 May 2002 13:37, Keiron Liddle wrote:
>. . .
> I'm thinking of the start as setting up the current context and the
> properties, then when others start it will belong to the current
> context. The end can then indicate context and finish off the formatting
> object and if easier then to handle the children and put everything into
> the output.
>. . .

Sounds good. I was just afraid of having to hold the entire table in memory
until all rows are done, but as I understand this would not be the case.

>. . .
> fo -> rtf
> startTable -> setup table
> endRow -> create row info in rtf
> endTable -> end table in rtf
>. . .

Sounds good too.

>. . .
> > I'd prefer many event calls, . . .
> I think the fastest way to handle this would be to have a boolean where
> if true it calls all start/end otherwise it only calls the ones required
> by the layout structure handler.
>. . .

What about:

a) base class with all start/end methods but most of them are empty (costs
very little to call IMHO compared to the whole rendering process)

b) derived class for RTFHandler and such, where most or all methods do
something.

But you know the code much better than I do, so I'll let you choose the best
option.

How about actually starting to implement this? I can spare a few hours a week
to help, but having some skeleton code to start with would help me a lot.

-Bertrand