Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I wonder. What exactly would you like to tell us with this mail? I don't
get it.

> The coordinates x/y have to be defined: outer, inner, center of the border
> line?

How does a renderer programmer know what coordinate parameters stand for
exactly? Most likely he will print a PDF document and his own document, put
two sheets one above each other, look at a window glass how lines match and
fit. Then he has to figure out how coordinates are to be handled.

If he has bad luck the printer driver will shrink one of the outputs to fit
the page.

Does this sentence hold?
"The print renderer delivers PDF coordinates and measurements for text,
lines, rectangles etc."

Hansuli Anderegg