Keiron wrote:

>- added transparency for shapes and alpha mask for images

well, what has to be transparent? Background images or overlaying text?
- 82 pages: Transparency in PDF, Technical Note #5407, Adobe Developer
Technologies

>- Outputs pdf objects immediately
>Unortunately I have broken the xref table and I can't figure out what is
wrong.

The XREF is built incrementally in parallel to file writing. So your PDF
object has to wait, until it is it's turn to output to the file.

Example: image xObject on page in PDFRenderer

- create xObject: say PDF object ID 27
- add xObject to page objects
- output page objects: method "toPDF" of objects say 20-30 is invoked
        . object 27: do the data/processing intensive things at this time

If you send me the code, I can figure out what the problem is.

Hansuli Anderegg, Zurich