Hi Peter,

>. . .
> The feasibility of an XSLT transform would
> be greatly influenced by the complexity of the mappings of properties
> into RTF structures.

Yes, and in order to support the various "flavors" of RTF one has to take
into account a number of (mostly dirty) tricks, which is probably easier in
java. Not to mention images which usually need to be processed to be included
in the RTF output.

> If the inheritance model of XSLFO had no ready
> parallel in RTF, that set of transformations would be a nightmare, I
> imagine.

There is some form of inheritance but we haven't been able to use it much in jfor -
the lack of a clear structure in RTF (or our lack of
understanding of it) makes it hard to take advantage of these features.

-Bertrand