Hi Jessica,

That's a good question. As far as I've seen there's nothing official in
the specification, so it's up to each implementation to handle this. I
believe it falls in the category of things which could be defined by the
   "user agent" idea in FOP and then used by the line-breaking
algorithm. In the redesign branch of FOP, the line-breaking code assumes
it has a list of legal line-break characters; clearly this needs to
depend on the script, which isn't yet the case.

Regards,
Karen