Yes, I use that option on TTFReader when I am building
the XML font files. If I don't and I try to reference (i.e.
not embed) fonts Acrobat Reader will not open the file
and claim error 110. Also, if you are trying this, you need
a patched fop.jar file so that non embedded fonts can be
read by FOP.

Regards
John G

Chris Bowditch wrote:

> >Found it, for some reason if I am not embedding fonts I need
> >to encode the xml file with option "-enc ansi" once I did that it
> >worked fine.
> >

> Hi John,
>
> Just to clarify for my own info. Do you mean specify -enc ansi when you run
> TTFReader?

John Gentilin
Eye Catching Solutions Inc.
18314 Carlwyn Drive