On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 12:01, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 09:55, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >. . .
> > <fo:external-graphic src="url(http://localhost/mydynamicimage)"
> > xmlns:fop="http://xml.apache.org/fop"; fop:disable-caching="true"/>
> >. . .
>
> There are some fox: extensions already IIRC (never used them though, but
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions.html says so), so I think new ones
> should be created in a consistent way.

That particular extension "fox:..." is for the pdf bookmarks. (ie.
http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions.pdf the pdf viewer should show the
bookmarks)

Currently the extension mechanism is only setup for handling xml
elements and not for attributes. Anyone can add an extension and I don't
really considered it an extension to FO unless you are doing some sort
of fo tree/layout/areatree manipulation.

> I'm ok with such extensions (we use similar things in jfor), just would like
> to make sure that there is only one extension mechanism.

What sort of jfor extensions are there, what do they do?