-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev.jeremias@;greenmail.ch]

For caching and if done correctly, yes, there could be benefits.
WeakReferences can be used if you have objects you want to keep but
you're not angry when they get swept away by the GC. Good for keeping
images and fonts in memory, but for overall FOP I don't see any use case.
Or can anyone think of another one?