On Sunday 10 November 2002 17:35, Robert Ferney wrote:
>. . .
> Well, it would be more accurate to say that I don't know anything about
> how to use a "servlet" .. It sounds like the servlet path may be my best
> option, assuming I can figure out how to use it..
>. . .

FOP being written in java, the most efficient way to call it in an HTTP
environment is as a servlet.

If you don't want to program a servlet, you might want to have a look at Cocoon
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon) which allows you to run XML processing
pipelines in an HTTP environment and takes care of a lot of things that you'd
have to reinvent if you start writing a FOP servlet.

--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 blogspace http://www.codeconsult.ch/bertrand