Hi Rhett,

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 16:44, Rhett Aultman wrote:
> I may be green, but I did spot some of this a couple weeks ago, and it went mostly
>unnoticed.  While writing this email, I downloaded another CVS snapshot and the
>super-simple test document from bug #8778, which is probably the simplest of all the
>i-loop cases, and ran it again...it's the same thing I saw when I last brought this
>up.

Give me a chance, it is by no means finished and to suggest that if it
doesn't do it properly now it never will is going a bit far.

Currently it does not handle the situation where it cannot find any
normal break in a page, so if the page is small it will get an infinite
loop.
I have never said it will handle anything you throw at it. I am talking
about design anyway.
The design will handle that situation.

Easy: there is currently no best break (ie. it is null) therefore we
still need to find a break. So the best break will be after the block.
It will place that on the page and finish document.
If there are keeps it should probably go further until it can be sure it
will find the best breaks for all things kept together.